The PDU-70 is a power distribution unit developed by NERO Industries engineers in the scope of electrical vehicle application. The PDU-70 is a safe, intelligent and versatile power distribution unit in a compact form with configurable multiple power inputs and outputs. The smart control unit provides easy integration for high voltage/high current system applications. As typical application fields; the PDU-70 is suitable for medium and heavy duty electric/hybrid vehicle power distribution and energy control. Some important features are as follows:
– High voltage power inputs for standard charging
– Isolated voltage reading at the high voltage inputs and outputs (up to 1000 VDC)
– High voltage safety interlock line (HVIL)
– Interlock line controlled high voltage battery relay control outputs
– Earth insulation level measurement
– Secondary passive high voltage DC bus energy sinking
– Active high voltage DC bus energy sinking (Through PTC Thermistors)
– Pre-charge circuit at all high-voltage power outputs
– Fuse protection at high voltage outputs
– Overvoltage, undervoltage, overcurrent and over-temperature protection
– Low power mode
Military Power Distribution Unit (PDU-70) uses SAE J-1939 standart CAN protocol in order to communicate with the electrical control unit (ECU). 250kbit/s bit rate is chosen in order to provide reliable operation.
The cyclic status messages are transmitted by the Military Power Distribution Unit (PDU-70) in every 100 ms and the cyclic command message is expected from the ECU in every 100 ms. If the command message is not received by the Military Power Distribution Unit (PDU-70) for 400 ms, the emergency output is asserted (logic high) in order to indicate fault but the operational state of the Military Power Distribution Unit (PDU-70) stays the same in order to give the ECU to control the whole system. For the sake of the operation, the Military Power Distribution Unit (PDU-70) should be taken into low power mode as soon as possible. The details of the CAN messages can be found in log file.
Military Power Distribution Unit (PDU-70) uses RS422 communication in order to send status messages to the diagnostic/ record device in the system. The Military Power Distribution Unit (PDU-70) does not receive any message through RS422, hence no operational change can be performed. By using RS422 communication, a secondary check to CAN communication can be provided.
TRACTION VOLTAGE POWER DISTRIBUTION UNIT FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLES TRACTION AND AUXLIARY HIGH VOLTAGE SYSTEMS INCLUDING:
– Active unit include traction voltage contactors and contactor controls with Voltage and current measurement units.
– Pre-charging circuit to balance voltage levels before and after contactors
– Service charging circuit with contactor switching
– High voltage circuit insulation resistance measurement & monitoring
– Fuse protection for high and low current component output
– Hazardous voltage interlock loop (HVIL)
Military PDUs often differ from commercial PDUs in some obvious and not so obvious ways. Obvious, is that certain battlefield applications do indeed require extraordinary tolerance of shock, vibration, and weather extremes. Not so obvious, is the need to condition incoming raw power to deliver clean, stable power to mission critical electronics. There are a lot of unique control and connectivity needs in military applications as well.
NERO has been meeting the needs for military PDUs in ships, submarines, planes, forward command bases, hardware service bays, and even as support for research and product development for over 30 years.
What to look for in a military PDU
What to look for in a PDU supplier
Programs, Platforms, and Applications
Compliance and Standards
Custom, COTS, COTS-Modified
Conversion, Conditioning, and Control
Networked and Non-networked
power distribution unit, network pdu, rack pdu, tripp lite pdu, switched pdu, pdu power, rack mount pdu, c13 pdu, rack mount power distribution, 30 amp pdu, portable power distribution unit, server rack pdu, pdu power distribution unit, metered pdu, cyberpower pdu, rack power distribution, 240v pdu, furniture power distribution unit, vertical pdu, 3 phase pdu, smart pdu, pdu power strips, apc pdu rack mount, pdu in data center, server pdu, geist pdu, apc pdu rack, servertech pdu, managed pdu, pdu eaton, power distribution unit for rack, panduit pdu, power pdu rack, server technology pdu, remote managed pdu, rack power distribution unit, lex portable power distribution unit, pdu unit, apc switched pdu, rkpw081915, 1u power distribution unit, remote pdu, liebert pdu, dual power pdu, 15 amp pdu, 220v pdu,
24 VDC nominal (16-32 V)
Controls up to 16 smoke grenades
180x155x116 ±5 mm
1.9 ±0.3 kg
-32 / +49 °C
-55°C / +85°C