The PDU-70 is a power distribution unit developed by NERO Industries engineers in the scope of electrical vehicle application. The PDU-70 is a safe, intelligent and versatile power distribution unit in a compact form with configurable multiple power inputs and outputs. The smart control unit provides easy integration for high voltage/high current system applications. As typical application fields; the PDU-70 is suitable for medium and heavy duty electric/hybrid vehicle power distribution and energy control. Some important features are as follows:
– High voltage power inputs for standard charging
– Isolated voltage reading at the high voltage inputs and outputs (up to 1000 VDC)
– High voltage safety interlock line (HVIL)
– Interlock line controlled high voltage battery relay control outputs
– Earth insulation level measurement
– Secondary passive high voltage DC bus energy sinking
– Active high voltage DC bus energy sinking (Through PTC Thermistors)
– Pre-charge circuit at all high-voltage power outputs
– Fuse protection at high voltage outputs
– Overvoltage, undervoltage, overcurrent and over-temperature protection
– Low power mode
PDU-70 uses SAE J-1939 standart CAN protocol in order to communicate with the electrical control unit (ECU). 250kbit/s bit rate is chosen in order to provide reliable operation.
The cyclic status messages are transmitted by the PDU-70 in every 100 ms and the cyclic command message is expected from the ECU in every 100 ms. If the command message is not received by the PDU-70 for 400 ms, the emergency output is asserted (logic high) in order to indicate fault but the operational state of the PDU-70 stays the same in order to give the ECU to control the whole system. For the sake of the operation, the PDU-70 should be taken into low power mode as soon as possible. The details of the CAN messages can be found in log file.
PDU-70 uses RS422 communication in order to send status messages to the diagnostic/ record device in the system. The PDU-70 does not receive any message through RS422, hence no operational change can be performed. By using RS422 communication, a secondary check to CAN communication can be provided.
TRACTION VOLTAGE POWER DISTRIBUTION UNIT FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLES TRACTION AND AUXLIARY HIGH VOLTAGE SYSTEMS INCLUDING:
– Active unit include traction voltage contactors and contactor controls with Voltage and current measurement units.
– Pre-charging circuit to balance voltage levels before and after contactors
– Service charging circuit with contactor switching
– High voltage circuit insulation resistance measurement & monitoring
– Fuse protection for high and low current component output
– Hazardous voltage interlock loop (HVIL)
|Power Consumption|| |
24 VDC nominal (16-32 V)
Controls up to 16 smoke grenades
|Communication Interface|| |
180x155x116 ±5 mm
1.9 ±0.3 kg
|Protection Level|| |
|Operating Temperature|| |
-32 / +49 °C
|Storage Temperature|| |
-55°C / +85°C