NERO Industry which operates in United States of America, Bulgaria and Turkey at Ankara headquarters, is one of the largest subsystem manufacturers in Defence Industry.
When it comes to your machine shop, productivity and safety are most likely your top priorities with regards to day-to-day operations. Did you know that machine shops lose around $50 billion annually due to unplanned downtime/delays? Putting in place proper fire protection equipment in your machine shop can prevent lengthy delays, expensive repairs, and safety risks to your shop and your business. With ten to fifteen fires a week occurring in machine shops across the United States alone, retrofitting your CNC machines with fire suppression systems is as important as ever. Even one fire in an unprotected machine could mean losing a lucrative contract, costing you money, and maybe even save your business.
Many people have handheld extinguishers in their machine shops to combat CNC machine fires. Here are some factors to consider when making the choice between a fire extinguisher and an automatic fire suppression system:
Installing automatic fire suppression systems further protect your business and up-time while alleviating issues presented by handheld extinguishers.
While automatic fire suppression systems offer key safety benefits, one of the great things about a simple fire extinguisher is that you don’t need to install it. Some companies worry that retrofitting their machines with a fire suppression system is a complex process that could eat up valuable production time. But what is the process like, really?
After reviewing the benefits of automatic fire suppression, you have likely come to the conclusion that retrofitting your machines may be a good idea. You are now wondering what is involved with retrofitting and how it will impact your day-to-day activities. Below are some answers to frequently asked questions:
1. How long does the installation take and how long will my machine be down?
The average time to install a NERO Industry system on a CNC machine is four hours or approximately a half day.
2. How will the install affect my machine?
There are no adverse effects from installing an automatic fire suppression system on a CNC machine.
3. How easy is it to install a fire suppression system?
Installation is simple and flexible because the NERO Industry systems do not require electricity to operate. It is comparable to a plug and play installation.
4. Do I need to service the system?
We advise having your system serviced twice a year by an authorized NERO Industry distributor to ensure the fire suppression system operates properly. This maintenance takes approximately 30 minutes. It is important to check all system interface relays including CNC shutdown, oil-mist collector shutdown, and alarm system notification if required.
While automatic fire suppression adds an extra level of safety and security, we understand that not every CNC machine or machine shop requires automatic fire suppression. To help you evaluate your risks and determine if you would benefit from automatic fire suppression, we have developed a Fire Suppression Assessment Guide. Simply, answer a few questions regarding your machine(s) and operations to determine your assessment score and compare to our recommendations.
* The whole content of this website; text, graphic, logo, pictures, photos, images, technical and scientific drawings, audio-video clips, animation and video records, programs, all kinds of technical elements, being not limited with these and including all kinds of rights related to these, are protected by all Legislations of the Republic of Turkey, all International Legislations that are directly or indirectly related to Site and its content, which are still in force and will enter in force in future. It is prohibited partially or completely, directly or indirectly, exactly or by changing to use, quote, copy, reproduce, distribute, load to another computer, forward, change, hold for commercial purposes abovementioned elements without written consent of NERO Endüstri Savunma Sanayi A.Ş., promote mentioned actions; and all kinds of unfair actions not limited with these and related to these are also prohibited.